Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hey everyone,
I know I haven't posted in awhile. It's taking forever to get up all the pics I took in Colmar. Going to try and get it finished tonight as I am leaving for Lyon tomorrow! It's been a busy week. Yesterday I hosted about 12 people here in the classroom next to my apartment for a Thanksgiving dinner. It was an interesting experience trying to prepare all the food, as I had to use quite a bit of subtitutes, for instance, using greek yogurt and chives instead of sour cream and green onions for the mashed potatos. I also had to improvise on the stuffing, as there are no premade cubes out here and sage, poultry seasoning, and breakfast sausages were not to the found. I ended up toasting the bread and used cumin instead of sage, and I found a saussage that was a lot like ham but with garlic flavor for the breakfast sausages. The stuffing was still a hit, and everyone asked me how I made it! We couldn't find a turkey so we found smaller roasts, we also mixed greenbeans and cream of mushroom soup for a green bean casserole. My friend made and brought a pumpkin pie, and another couple made a real american apple pie, and brought ice cream. Overall it was a good night, we started at about 7 and went until about Midnight.. oh and I still have about 6 bottles of unopened wine that we never even got around to drinking! Here is a picture of all the food that was still left over after the meal. I still haven't done the dishes yet. My place is a mess!


The best part about all the leftovers was I got to eat them for lunch today! Happy Thanksgiving today to everyone back home!!



Update to this entry!!!


Here's a picture of all my friends and I with the food on the table that we made eating Thanksgiving dinner together!




No comments:

Post a Comment