Thursday, October 27, 2011

oh mans!

I have successfully managed to liberate myself from my petit village in the east. While I am enjoying my stay in Gerardmer very much, it is good to be back in the Loire. Currently I am back in Angers, where I studied abroad in the spring of 2010. However I started my journey off in Le Mans where we visited the famous Circuit des 24 h, and "old town" which is essentially a part of the city that has been around forever. This is something you find quite often in the Loire Valley, but that I miss when I am in the east as much of the east where I am staying was destroyed in previous wars... hence much less super old stuff because it was all blown up. My oh so awesome old school camera refuses to give me warning before the batteries die, so there are not too many pictures of the race track on here yet. I'll have to wait until my friends post some on fb, and then I'll transfer them on here for everyone to see.



Famous Circuit des 24 H. or part of it at least..















































































Back in old town I mainly took photos of the enormous old cathedral.




































If you look closely you can see me in this picture:



























These were some super old buildings, I only grabbed a few pictures as all the old buildings pretty much look the same.






























Inside the cathedral:








































































































































































































































Memorial dedicated to Wilbur Wright while he was living in Le Mans demonstrating flights for Frrench Aviators, engineers, syndicates, and stunned fans.




































Modern Art + ancient cobble stone = fountain in France.
















I am exhausted and heading to bed. Hoping to take some good pictures of Angers tomorrow, as I never bothered to when I was living here, and then off to Poitiers on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment