Hey everyone! I am finally back from vacation, and so I am able to update and finally make some comments about these pictures that I uploaded! I am just going type at the top and explain the photos, because trying to insert comments inbetween the photos messes with the format for some reason and makes updating take 10 times as long as it should. After our stay in Le Mans my friends and I headed over to Angers, or back to Angers as I should say. Since I had never been inside the Chateau before my two friends Mitch, Ricardo and I decided we would head over. Unfortunately it was a really cloudy day, but you can still get a pretty good idea of how pretty the castle is. The first picture is a picture of the oldest house in Angers, which is also right next to the cathedral that unfortunately we didn't have time to visit, but that I took pictures of when I was last in Angers. From the centre ville we headed to the outside of the cheateau where I took pictures of the really pretty gardens that are down below, and before entering we decided to head over to get a view of the river... Then we went inside... I pretty much just took pictures of the view from the top of the chateau, the gardens in the middle, and the models of the chateau at different points in time that are found inside some of the remaining towers. There's also a really cool picture of what looks like a tree with hands coming out of it. It's the bottom of the old flour mill, that was once used as a prison, and the artist thought it would be cool to dedicate it's artwork to the room and his history. At the end you'll find pictures of my favorite bar in Angers... Kalypso! The bar tender decorated it all up for halloween, and we had a blast! I'll update more throughout the week with pictures and stories from my trip to Poitiers, as for now there is really nothing special going on in Gerardmer..
Entrance to the castle!
View of the river!
Model of what the castle looks like today!
Walking around the courtyards inside the castle!
No comments:
Post a Comment