Monday started off hectic as I met the other assistant and her friend to take the bus from Gerardmer to Epinal (which arrived late). From there we hopped on a train to Nancy with out tickets, and finally managed to find the place of our "stage" the french word for "important meeting about official stuff". I didn't get many pictures of Nancy as I was stuck inside a lecture hall learning about how to teach people (could have shot myself) for about 4 hours. On the bright side we did get to enjoy a good lunch and a "slice" of ice cream... "paid for" by our school. I have yet be be reimbursed.
Like in this picture. No the forest is not on fire (it's too cold for fire). Those are clouds in between the trees not smoke. And you can actually get a good impression of the ski slopes which are covered in snow now.
I am however trying my best to stay warm, which can be difficult. The french have this belief that if you heat a piece of metal in your house, it will heat the whole house. My piece of metal is barely warm, and as my wise friend Krissy pointed out, as in all french homes it is placed just beneath the window "so it only heats the window!!!".
There's nothing however like a good hot meal to keep you warm in October... while the French don't have heat they do have Pesto! So here is my version of Noodles and Co. It looks pretty similar doesn't it? And it doesn't taste half bad.
Ps. To anyone that does not have facebook, I now have skype. I some how managed to make it work. This is a real miracle for anyone who knows me. Feel free to skype me my username is mugglecandy12. Hope everyone is doing well back home. Enjoy your summer while it lasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment