Hey everyone,
Figured I should update this thing before you all lose interest.. if you still have any left that is. Not much has been going on recently. I've been very busy but I haven't been traveling much. Let's see, last week I spent the night in Vagney (a town about 20 min away by car) with an assistant who is from Sheffield. She made me an excellant dinner, and then we went to watch one of the ladies from church's country dancing class. The next morning we hopped on a train and went north to a small town where we met up with a bunch of other assistants to celebrate a birthday. It was a good time.
Then, Friday my friend Liz, an assistant from Birmingham, came to stay with me here. We went to a folk dancing class with some people from church and a few other assistants. The class was interesting... I don't think we'll be doing it again though (lets say it was a little too interesting). Saturday Liz and I went to Epinal, where apparently no restaurant wanted to feed us because we were there during the off hours. We did manage to find a really chic cafe, and met up with our friend Rebecca in search of what seems to be a non existant wallet. Saturday night when I got back from Epinal I headed over to my friend Mat's. He was hosting couch surfers... and attempted to make guacamole. Overall it was a good time, but I was exhausted by the end of the night.
These past two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) I spent back at Edith's house. See 2nd blog entry for pictures. We didn't do too much, just hung out and did some work, and I got to play with her adorable daughter Faustine. We also did some shopping. Overall it was a relaxing time out of my apartment. I came back Thursday morning, and started to feel myself coming down with a slight cold, so today after I got done teaching I took a really long nap. I am hoping to go to bible study tonight, but I've been so busy and as I'm not feeling 100% I might stay in. The cold really isn't bad at all, but I'd like to nip it in the bud now before it gets any worse.
I forgot to mention that I skyped with Emily for about an hour last night! You should all follow her lead and skype me too!!!
Annnd that's my life. Prague, Paris, and hopefully some of Switzerland in a few weeks, and heading back up to Metz next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment