Kleber Place... a square with the markets.. and the temple neuf and cathedral towers in the the background.
Pictures of THE cathedral in Strasbourg, if I remember correctly it was built in about 1439, and was the tallest cathedral in Europe for 200 years.
The astronomical clock, one of 3 that exist in Europe.. you already saw one of the other 3 in the Prague post. This clock has a similar theme, when it chimes on the hour the saints come out and do a round.. but this clock has the show on the inside and not the outside.
The cathedral from the inside, apart from the astronomical clock...
The Rohan Palace, built in the same style as Versailles for Louis the 14th.
The inside screams Versailles more than the outside, here is the inside of the Palace... they've done their best to recreate what it would have looked like. Napoleon (the first one) also had his headquarters here, and before that it belonged to the Bishops...
The kings old bedroom
The library
Louis the 14th, although blurry
The chapel
The best macaroon I have ever eaten!!!!
Le Temple Neuf (there's one in Metz too)
We headed over to the European Union Parliament buildings, and the Human Rights Court...
Human Rights Court
The Parliament
The part of Strasbourg known as Little France... it's the old part of the city... and here they have the tanner's house..
Pictures from the boat tour
The covered towers, that used to be the gates of the city, and also where the guards were stationed.
This building started as a hospital, and then eventually became a prison...
The torture tower
On the second day we did a lot of museums because it was pour rain. I only really got pictures of the archeological museum... there are a lot of things in Strasbourg that were left over from Rome..
Roman helmet!!
And that's all I got of Strasbourg... there is much more to the city though, and if I had time I would love to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment