Friday, May 11, 2012

*U*p*D*a*T*e*

Hey everyone,
I know it's been awhile. I'd like to make at least one more post before I head home. I have been trying to get pictures up, but blogspot changed the process by which it uploads photos. The combination of the new photo uploading process and my slow internet has made it practically impossible for me to get photos up. I end up sitting here for hours trying and retrying and waiting sometimes a half hour for a single photo that won't load. Some of it is my internet, which regardless of the fact that it is connected by cable is extremely slow and has the tendency to reject anything that tries to access the proxy server. The rest of it is blogspot, which as terrible as the process was before, at least it was reliable. So sorry to everyone about not getting pictures up.

Here's what I've been up to before I head home.

Berlin: Was fantastic, spent lots of time with Anne and her family and friends. Saw a lot of the city but would still love to see more. Also got to see Brandenburg and  Frankfurt Oder and Anne and I even went into Poland for dinner one night!

Last week of teaching: Went well enough, lots of classes canceled so I didn't get to say good bye to a lot of my students. Went out for lunch with the three English teachers I work with on the last day, they bought me lunch and a BEAUTIFUL book filled with photos of France taken from the sky. It really was a fantastic gift and a great day spent with them.

Job Interview: After lunch with the teachers I had my skype interview with Sterling High School. I was nervous about the interview and had no idea how it went, but just after the interview ended the school called me back and offered me the position right away. I accepted it about 24 hours later. Very excited about my new school, although not so happy about having to move, although as Emily put it, it's not like I'm going to have time to go out anyway. I did get another call this morning, but it was for a job that was only 60% and there's no garuntee I would have gotten it. I think I made the right choice.

Scotland: The trip was just alright. We ended up spending way too much time on the bus in my opinion (good thing to keep in mind for when I play my own class trips). Edinburgh was really nice though and so were Brugges and York, although we had very little time in Brugges and York. It was too bad we didn't get to see Glasgow, Scotland is definitely a place to go back to!

This week: Learned to drive a stick!!! Spent 208 euros mailing things home, I have reorganized a good amount of my apartment and am starting to pack up. Now that I am packing I cant wait for the travel part to just be over and to be back in Chicago.

Can't wait to see everyone in a few days!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment